5 Rounds for Time of:
10 DB Split Cleans 40/20
30 Double Unders
Post Time to Comments.
Work on a Goat
A few people have been asking me about the Paleo Challenge in class. Don't let the fact that it officially started deter you from buying in. You can join the challenge simply by adding the days you missed to the following month. If you're not up for the challenge, here are some other things to tinker with:
1. Try to cook one new Paleo meal every week for the next four weeks.
2. Choose one unhealthy vice of yours and try to drop it for one month.
3. See if you can set a bed time Sunday through Thursday and get some more sleep.
Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
65 pound Thruster, 10 reps
Post rounds completed to comments.
Ring Rows 3x8
Mature Ring Support Practice
The Truth about CrossFit T-Nation
21-15-9 reps of:
Post time to comments.
3 rounds NFT of:
30 Reverse walking lunges 25/15
1:30 Lateral plank each side
Carry the dumbbells suitcase style for round 1, front squat rack for round 2 and overhead for round 3.
Stretching the Truth NY Times
Post Loads to Comments.
3 Rounds of:
15 Knee To Elbows
CrossFit Virtuosity classes start tomorrow
Who is in for the November Paleo Challenge?? What are you guidelines?
No classes today. We're hosting our new friends Robb and Nicki for a CrossFit Nutrition Seminar. We'll see you on Sunday!
Here is some information which you may find useful. The first link lists contact and travel information as well as parking garage, food and bank listings. If you would prefer to park on the street there will be more availability towards Third Ave. as opposed to Fourth Ave. which is more commercial. The second link is a neighborhood map so that you can easily find your way around. Please don't hesitate to contact any of the numbers listed in the first link if you would like more information. You could also post a question on the comments section of this post and someone will get back to you ASAP.
SBK Neighborhood info.doc
(Scroll down, click "Download with File Factory Basic", enter the code and download)
1 day with Coach Robb Wolf learning the art and science of performance
nutrition. The day will include lecture and theory of performance
eating, recovery and optimizing health and longevity. Significant
emphasis will be placed on the PRACTICAL implementation of Paleo/Zone
concepts including cooking demonstrations, how to shop, eating on the
road and more. By the end of the day you and your clients will have no
more excuses why you cannot feed and water yourself for optimum
Wolf is a former research biochemist specializing in lipid metabolism.
His CV includes research at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
and graduate work with Prof. Loren Cordain of Colorado State
University, author of The Paleo Diet and The Paleo Diet for Athletes.
Robb is a co-founder of the CrossFit NorCal (the 4th CrossFit
Affiliate), a review editor for the Journal of Nutrition and
Metabolism, and a co-founder of The Performance Menu."
21 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls 95/65
1 Wall Ball 20/14
18 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls 95/65
3 Wall Balls 20/14
15 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls 95/65
6 Wall Balls 20/14
12 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls 95/65
9 Wall Balls 20/14
9 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls 95/65
12 Wall Balls 20/14
6 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls 95/65
15 Wall Balls 20/14
3 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls 95/65
18 Wall Balls 20/14
1 Sumo Deadlift High Pull 95/65
21 Wall Balls 20/14
Post time to comments.
If you did yesterday's accessory work, Wall Ball my be subbed out for Dumbbell Split Cleans.
It's getting COLD in the Lyceum. While we work out some solutions to our temperature problem here are some tips that will help keep you warm for your WODs:
1. Wear a hat. A significant amount of heat can be lost from your head, bring beanie or cap to help retain heat.
2. Wear layers. Especially for the upper body. Your bottom most layer should be some sort of synthetic wicking material like DryFit or Thinsulate while a hoodie or fleece should be fine for your outer layer.
3. Bring an extra layer. Your body can produce a fair amount of heat during the workout, enough to make you sweat buckets despite the temperature. Don't get caught cooling down.. then freezing up in a wet shirt. Have something warm and dry to change into after your workout.
4. Donate massive amounts of money for a new roof, new windows and more space heaters.
Good luck to Bjorn in the marathon this weekend! He promised to wave "hello" to the lyceum when he runs by.