12 year old makes shelter for the homeless with plastic, wire and packing peanuts Arch Daily
Clean Living Way to Beat Cancer BBC
Why You Shouldn't Breast Feed While Driving Slate
"A Shimmer of Possibility", On Display now MoMA
Post loads to comments.
compare to 1.08.09
Lower Body Mobility
Wall Ball Intro on the White Board
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."
Come out this weekend to roll a few at a local dive bowling alley! Everyone is invited and encouraged to bring who ever you'd like, the more the merrier. To top things off, Erik will be turning 21 making this an even more magical evening. Please leave a comment if you're interested in attending.
When: Saturday, 3/7 Time, TBA
Where: Melody Lanes, 461 37th Street in Brooklyn.
20-16-12-8-4 reps for time of:
Dumbbell Push Press
Keep your Dumbbell Push Presses honest with full lockout of both arms for completion of each rep.
Post time to comments
4 Rounds NFT
Bent Over Dumbbell Rows, 12 Reps
Reverse Sit-Ups, 12 Reps
How to do the Asian Squat You Tube
As Many Rounds as Possible in 15 Minutes of:
10 reps, Power Clean at 75% Bodyweight
15 reps, Push-ups
20 reps, Squats
Scale Power Cleans to 65%, 55% or 45% depending on capacity.
Post rounds to comments.
Jim Cawley and Bruce Evan's 10 General Physical Skills
1. Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance – the ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen
2. Stamina – the ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
3. Strength – the ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units to apply force.
4. Flexibility – the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
5. Power – the ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
6. Speed – the ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination – the ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movements.
8. Agility – the ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
9. Balance – the ability to control the placement of the body’s center of gravity in relation to its support base.
10. Accuracy – the ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
CrossFit Queens launches their first class this Sunday!
Slots are still available for March's Foundations Cycle. Please check out the "Getting Started" link for more information!
What do you do when you get sick? Do you take medicine, just wait it out or tabata squats?
Post loads to comments
compare to 12.17.08
Today's A/W is a team workout. Teams of 4 will spend one minute at each station for three rounds accumulating as many reps/calories as possible. The group with the highest total wins!
Box Jumps, 20"