Regionals for the 2015 CrossFit Games begin in exactly one month! If you want to geek out about it, get more details here.
- Happy birthday, Yoshi S.!
Wondering Where to Go This Weekend?
We're hosting the Starting Strength Seminar this weekend, but because of the new space, we don't have to close down the gym as we have in years past (!!!). Here are all the details you'll need today throughout the weekend to make sure you're in the right place.
We will have an alternate check-in method over at 608, so check in there!
Friday Evening (4/17):
All morning classes will run as normal.
597: Starting Strength Seminar 5-9pm
608: Open Gym 5:30-8pm | Strength Cycle
597: Starting Strength Seminar 8am-8pm
608: Normal Group Classes 8-2pm | Comp Class 2-4:30pm
Annex: 10am Yoga | 11am and noon Active Recovery are CANCELED
597: Starting Strength Seminar 8am-7pm
608: Normal Group Classes 8-2pm | Open Gym 6-8pm | Teaser | Gymnastics with Ken
Annex: 9am Kids Club | Strength Cycle | 11am Active Recovery is CANCELED
Friendly Friday Reminders
- FISH. For those of you who love local, wild-caught fish delivered straight to your favorite place on earth (aka CFSBK): Our former fish supplier left the CSA business, so we've found a potential new partner: Big City Fish Share. We posted deets about it on Wednesday, but if you're INTERESTED, or have questions, please email Michele at mignyc [at] gmail.com TODAY.
- OLYMPIC LIFTING. For those of you who want to crush your Olympic lifts at 7am (or noon, or in the evening): Coach Frankie Murray is introducing a new 7am cycle, which starts on April 27th. Details here!
- ACTIVE RECOVERY IS CANCELED. For those of you who enjoy getting supple and loose-limbed on the weekends: AR is CANCELED this weekend, on both Saturday and Sunday due to the Starting Strength Seminar, but check out Yoga for Athletes at 10am on Saturday instead!
- CHILDREN. For those of you with kids who might enjoy some CrossFit action: We're launching CrossFit Kids and CrossFit Preschool NEXT WEEK, and registration spots are filling up fast. Details here!
Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet The New York Times (not The Onion)
Daniyar Ismayilov Snatching 156kg