1 Press + 3 Push Presses + 5 Push Jerks
Spend 15 minutes working up to a 1 Rep Max on the complex.
Post loads to comments.
5 Rounds, As Many Reps as Possible:
:20 Deadlifts 155/105
:20 Hang Power Cleans 155/105
:20 Push Jerks 155/105
Post reps and Rx to comments.
News and Notes
- Ever wonder how Coach Jeremy and CFSBK run Strength Cycle? The follow-up to last week's Inside the Affiliate post is up, called "How to Run a Dedicated Strength Program at your Gym." Read some CFSBK testimonials and learn even more about getting strong!
- Coach Noah and the Fighting Tacos still need 1-2 more women to play for CFSBK's soccer team on Sundays on the Lower East Side (the registration for guys is capped and already full). Think of it this way: if you don't sign up, you're basically ensuring you're missing out on good times. Email Noah [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com for more information.
- SAVE THE DATE FOR FIGHT GONE BAD on October 18, 2014. We are now open for any and all donations for prizes. If you own or work at a business that wants to provide some sort of prize (no matter how small!) for our top performers (for the WOD and fundraising) please email Info [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com.
2014 Subway Series at CFSBK this Sunday, 8/24
This Sunday, August 24, from 8am-1pm, we are hosting the final event for the 2014 Subway Series. Please note the following...
- Day classes are canceled.
- Open Gym is extended and starts at 5pm.
- The Teaser class is canceled.
- There will be an after party at Die Koelner Bierhalle afterwards and all are invited.
We Need Judges and Volunteers!
- CFSBK is looking for 12 judges to volunteer their time to help run the competition. There will be a review session with David a few days before the event to discuss range-of-motion standards, judge protocol, and etiquette. Members with Level 1 Certifications will get priority.
- We also need 1-2 more volunteers to help setting up the PA and running the scoring system.
Please contact David [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com with "Subway Series" as the subject line if you're interested in volunteering.
Fixing The Immature Overhead Squat with Miranda Oldroyd CrossFit
10 Things New WOMEN Weightlifters Should Know Catalyst Athletics
Clint Smith: The Danger of Silence TED Talks
How to Enjoy Running on a Treadmill