Instagram Feed

Search

Look, Feel and Perform Better Challenge > Wait - I actually feel pretty good - what does it all mean!

As one who generally approaches all new endeavors with a combination of dread, doubt, dubiousity and derision I have to begrudgingly admit that six weeks in I am feeling pretty good about this Paleo move. Biggest quality of life issue that has improved is my (ahem) GI system feels a lot better. The beast has been tamed. Less crampy and bloated, fewer emissions etc. I can share this very personal matter because it's not like anyone I know will be reading this post right?

So what is going on? Am gluten intolerant, just never knew it? Any ideas?

January 31, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterJay

@Jay - Right?!! This LFPB challenge is something else!I'm feeling great too!! I don't have the constant feeling of being hungry, i'm sleeping through the night, and no more tummy troubles!! I first started paleo with last years challenge and since i have seen a big change in my GI system as well. When i do choose to have gluten (or even dairy) with a flexible snack/meal i can see the directs effects they have on my body - it makes me do "unladylike things".

Even though someone doesn't have a diagnosed gluten allergy, it can still have negative or undesirable effects. But, if it is concerning i would say get it checked out.

January 31, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterBeccaWolf

Just to pour it on - I'm feeling great as well. My body feels fresh all the time. Every other day it feels like it's ready to go lift more heavy stuff. It's a great feeling. From the mental side, there is so much clarity (thanks to sobriety possibly?). Overall, both the mind and body feel like they want to work hard at all times, which I haven't felt since college.

January 31, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterBrandon B

You guys are all on to something great. Glad this years challenge has unearthed some discoveries! That's what it's all about. IMO, you don't have to be diagnosed with celiac to be better off avoiding gluten. Most people will do better avoiding or minimizing it.

January 31, 2014 | Registered CommenterChristian Fox

Jay,

You can always test it. This is one of the things that happens when you change 5 variables at once. You know that something good happened, but you don't know which it is. Did you also stop consuming as much dairy (perhaps milk in your coffee?). Test it out. Try gluten post challenge and see? Change something else out, etc.

February 1, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterJoel W