Instagram Feed

Search

Look, Feel and Perform Better Challenge > I'm so hungry

Hi anyone that wants to answer and has the appropriate knowledge to.

I'm doing the zone challenge. My daily meal blocks are 4-1-3-1-3-1.

The first week was great. I wasn't hungry, I remained relatively satisfied all day and all was great.

Week 2 - 2.5, I am freaking starving. I usually eat my 4 block breakfast at 8 or 9, a 1 block snack before lunch. 3 block lunch at 1-2. 1 block snack at 4-5. then go to the gym. then eat a 3 block dinner. and then a snack.

Ive heard people say that if you're hungry you should up your fats, but what does that mean? Does that mean I add an extra block of fat to a meal? eat an extra snack with just a fat block? I need someone to tell me what to do.

January 16, 2014 | Unregistered Commentershaye

Hi Shaye! I wrote this on the main blog, but in case you do not see it...

At Fox's suggestion, I have been playing with the timing of my meals and snacks. For example, I tend to get hungry in the evenings so I reserve some extra blocks for then or if I know I am rowing a longer piece which, it seems, makes me really hungry, I make sure I get at least three blocks in as soon as possible after the workout. It has been working really well so far for me. I would say try moving some of you breakfast blocks to later on during the day and see if that makes a difference, unless you are especially hungry first thing. That's what I would do anyhow. Good luck!

January 16, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterCharlie

@Shaye - What Charlie said is right on. Keep us informed on how you're doing with this.

January 16, 2014 | Registered CommenterChristian Fox

@charlie and @fox - thanks so much guys.

So I've decided that I'm going to move my after dinner snack to the afternoon. so instead of doing a one block snack, workout, dinner, one block snack. i'm going to do 2 block snack, workout, dinner. I feel sometimes i make myself eat the snack after dinner because i'm "supposed to" not because i need it.

experimenting with this today so i'll let you know how it goes. thanks again for all your help!

January 17, 2014 | Unregistered Commentershaye