Instagram Feed

Search

Look, Feel and Perform Better Challenge > Health Check-ups, Doctors, etc.

As a recent recipient of amazing health insurance, I was thinking about getting some blood work done. I've never had anything tested besides my blood pressure, so I don't know what's going on in there. I know many of you have had this kind of work done. As a 27 year old healthy woman, what kinds of things am I looking to have tested? Any recommendations on where to go for something like this? I don't think my hometown pediatrician is going to cut it anymore.

January 14, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterLily

Good idea, Lily. Any doc will order blood work for you especially if you haven't been for a check up in some time. The basics tests usually included cover organ function (thyroid, kidney, liver, etc...), blood lipids, resting blood sugar, and a few others. I'd recommend asking for a full lipid breakdown as well. Might make the most sense to simply find a doc convenient to you who accepts your insurance.

January 14, 2014 | Registered CommenterChristian Fox

I'm also 27, healthy, etc, and I get some free test every year at work. It definitely includes a cholesterol test, which is a good idea if you haven't tested it yet. I think they do some kind of blood glucose thing too - probably resting blood sugar. And also triglycerides, which maybe is blood lipids?

No doctor recommendations unfortuntely... I would follow Fox's suggestion if I had fabulous health insurance.

January 14, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterKMo