Instagram Feed

Search

Look, Feel and Perform Better Challenge > Water

I'm having SUCH a hard time drinking enough water, I haven't been able to get in the full amount any day so far, try as I might! Is anyone else having this problem? I'm trying to drink a lot during the day, and I just feel so full of water like I'm going to float away it's uncomfortable trying to drink more (also feel like I constantly have to pee!). And by the end of the day I always still have at least 16-32 oz to drink which I can't finish...

There's no cap on the 1/2 oz. per lb of body weight is there? Like a 300 lb person for example, male or female, would still supposed to be drinking 150 oz of water per day?

Anyone else having this problem?

January 5, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterRuth

This is one part of the challenge that I have no trouble with at all -- I think one thing that helps a lot is chugging down a big glass (16 or 20 oz) the minute I wake up in the morning. Especially since I WOD in the morning, this is a necessity! (I don't count water that I drink during a CF class toward my total)

I know I end up having to pee more often than most people, but I definitely like the way I feel otherwise on 100 or so oz/day -- when I drink less I definitely start to get headachy and irritable.

January 5, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterStella

Ruth- do you drink herbal tea? I think that counts towards your water intake.

January 5, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterCharlie

Making a pitcher of iced tea (from herbal tea bags) hasbeen great!

@Ruth-adding flavor to water is super helpful! A squeeze if lemon, lime, orange or berries...many recipes and combos on Pinterest or a google search. One of my favs is pineapple water! After cutting a whole pineapple, I'll put the core in a pitcher and fill it with water.

January 6, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterBecca Wolf

@Ruth - I think seltzer counts towards your water intake too.

Like Stella, water is not an issue for me because I drink it all day long, but drinking a glass or two when you wake up helps cut the amount you need to drink during the day.

Eventually, as your body adjusts to the greater intake, you won't have that over full feeling.

January 6, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterJanelle

I definitely have found that that while I drink enough water during the day sitting at my desk at work, I need to remember to continue that when I get home after work/gym. Otherwise, I won't meet the amount I need. Having a Soda Stream that carbonates tap water is critical for me as I really don't like flat water and the bubbles also make me feel more full. However, i DO have a minuscule bladder so I do find that I need to be very mindful when I drink water or else I'm constantly running towards the nearest loo fling-ing off my coat in the process!

January 6, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterMare

Great suggestions so far! Seltzer and/or herbal tea do count towards the point.

I like Stella, down a pint of ice water first thing upon waking. I find that I feel much better when I do this. I then will usually have another after my daily espresso. As far as flavors, I mostly use a few squirts of this key lime juice that I pick up at Fairway or a few dashes of bitters in seltzer. The bitters is something I picked up from Charlotte K a few years ago when I was, er, struggling with the absence of a daily after work cocktail.

January 6, 2014 | Registered CommenterChristian Fox

This might sounds strange but when I drink water through a straw or through a camelbak (the one with the bite valve on top, i can go through water at lightening speed. So maybe try that?

Also - adding lemon helps it taste good :)

And I second the seltzer and bitters thing. Love it.

January 6, 2014 | Unregistered Commenterelena Y

Bitters?...please explain

Also, can the seltzer be flavored?

January 6, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterBecca Wolf

@Becca

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_1/189-8471430-2472503?rh=n%3A5782428011%2Ck%3Abitters&keywords=bitters&ie=UTF8&qid=1389034626&rnid=2941120011

January 6, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterCharlie

I have two 32oz Nalgenes. I keep one at the gym and one at home and basically try to have them with me a lot. Especially at home. I know if I drink two of them plus a couple drinks with meals Im GTG. It makes it easy to make sure that I'm drinking enough.

I recently did some blood work that said I was way dehydrated so water consumption is something I've been focusing on this challenge. I did this last year too and felt a lot better.

January 6, 2014 | Registered CommenterDavid Osorio

Thanks for the tips everyone! I've been setting a timer on my phone to remind me to drink 8 oz every time it goes off. It's worked the past two days, I've gotten in all my water! It still feels uncomfortable to me to drink so much and I've felt so full that it feels hard to eat enough food, but since I've definitely been drinking way too little it makes sense that my body would have to spend some time adjusting before this much feels normal.

January 9, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterRuth M P