Instagram Feed

Search

Look, Feel and Perform Better Challenge > WOD points outside CFSBK

So it was mentioned that training for a triathlon would be considered a point in the WOD category. Are there other activities that would qualify as well? I'm asking because I play 1-2 hours of basketball 1x per week. Maybe others run or swim. Would any of that count?

January 3, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterBrandon B

Brandon - I asked the same question in the gym today. I play ice hockey once or twice a week - sometimes with only a few subs. It's a workout. But the answer i received was that, although it's certainly a workout, it's not purposeful exercise. Which seems to be the intent of the challenge.
So i'm foregoing my ice hockey points (still playing) even though they make me healthy in mind and body. And i will hopefully p/u my five wod points with group classes and my crashB training.
any other thoughts?
Richard G.

January 3, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterRichard G

RG nailed it. Consider any purposeful exercise to count toward one of the 5 bonus points available per week in this category.

Examples would be:
15-30 min Track Workout
15-30 min Bike Intervals
30-60 min Walk or Jog
15-30 min Bodyweight WOD at home
20-30 min Weight Training at home gym or elsewhere

We're encouraging consistent training. Remember that you can only gain 1 point in a day, and only up to 5 points per week. The flexibility is there so that 2-3x/week members can still earn the same amount of points as a 5x/weeker.

Sound good?

January 4, 2014 | Registered CommenterChristian Fox

Thanks - super helpful. Looks like I will be working in some bodyweight wod's at home if I want the full 5 pts!

January 4, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterBrandon B