Instagram Feed

Search

Look, Feel and Perform Better Challenge > Sleep Points & Fish Oil Ponts

Sorry I missed the orientation. Perhaps these questions were asked:

- The 7 hours of sleep points. Is that for the night prior? Or the night of? For example, does my January 1 point count the night of December 31, waking up January 1? Or going to sleep January 1 and waking January 2? Also, how to naps count given the answer to this first question. I guess broader question is what is the 24 hour period cut-off that marks the sleep cycle inclusive of naps? noon? 6pm?

- Fish oil. The threshold is 3g. The fish oil sold at the gym is a standard Rx of 2g a day by talking 3 capsules (i.e., serving size = 3 capsules = 2000 mg of fish oil = 2g of fish oil). So if we're going with the fish oil sold at the gym, does this mean we need to take 4.5 capsules (or, more likely, 5) a day? That's a lot of fish oil and that $35 bottle - which contains 40 capsules - will get consumed in just 8 days in order to maintain the 3g target each day.

Thanks

I usually count the sleep points from the night prior -- but of course I'll defer to the coaches. Also I remember last year Fox saying that napping does NOT count to your sleep total because the idea is to get a certain amount unbroken rather than getting a short night's sleep and trying to make up for it with a nap. (Which I think stacks the deck in favor of those of us who do not have young children, but hopefully the coaches are taking that into account when picking challenge winners!)

January 2, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterStella

Full blocks of sleep, so napping, while awesome, doesn't count. Count the point for the day you wake up, so the first available point would have been for 1/1/14.

4-5 caps of the brand we carry at the gym would get you to the 3g per day goal. You could take 4 one day, 5 the next, etc...There are also other brands that you could look into. I'm partial to Norwegian Naturals lemon flavored liquid.

January 2, 2014 | Registered CommenterChristian Fox

One last clarification-The 7 hours needs to be uninterrupted? Having a teething six month old at home, I'm praying to at least get 2 points over the next 6 weeks, oy.

January 2, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterHayley G

Hayley - Yep, uninterrupted

January 3, 2014 | Registered CommenterChristian Fox

Rob, I think you may have done the math twice. The bottle from the gym has 120 capsules, not 40.

January 5, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterJoel W