Instagram Feed

Search

Look, Feel and Perform Better Challenge > Tracker

I'm trying to fully understand the tracker. I get the food part, but what's throwing me off is the WOD section and the Bonus section. If I participate at CF 3 days a week, but only one of those days has a WOD, while the others are just working on a skill, do I add a "1". Or is every CF visit a WOD, which would then allow me to put in a "3"?
Also, what does A/R stand for?

December 30, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterBea

The "duplicate" option is not available when I hit the small triangle and try to create my own tab. Only "copy to" is available and that one does not work within the same file.

Any ideas?

@Bea: I think A/R is Active Recovery like yoga, stretching, meditation.

December 30, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterMurat

Hi, folks. CFSBK spreadsheet nerd (and LFPB tracker creator) Ryan J, here. I'm happy to answer any questions you guys have about proper use of the tracker.

@Bea - Murat is correct, the A/R bonus point is for 15 minutes of "active recovery" (yoga, pilates, stretching, lax ball/foam roller work, meditation). As for the "WOD" section, you add one point for every day of the week you take a group class at CFSBK or elsewhere, or do equivalent exercise (maybe you're training for a triathlon, too, and you get in a training ride). To make sure people aren't overtraining for the sake of points, we've limited the WOD bonus to 5 points per week (and 3 point in the abbreviated first week).

@Murat - The tracker is going to go live for the start of the challenge (January 1). Right now the privacy settings are set to "anyone can view." Look for this to change over the next 24 hours!

December 31, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterRyan

Hey Ryan,
Thanks for the nicely laid out spreadsheet. When you say it'll go live in the next 24 hours, do you mean, everyone will have a dedicated sheet through google drive and people can get to see each others sheets (but not edit obviously) or is it for personal use where we submit it at the end of the 6 weeks.

December 31, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterPigeon

@Pigeon (and everyone else)

You'll be able to duplicate the spreadsheet and create your own tab when we take the tracker live. We're not creating sheets for everyone; that will be the responsibility of each participant. (I'm happy to help if people need it; I'm sure the staff are, too.)

For the LFPB Challenge we're asking everyone to use the Google Sheets tracker, not to download a copy and resubmit in February. This will make it easier for DO and company on the back end.

Due to the limited capabilities of Google Sheets, you'll be able to read (and edit) anyone's tab. We're working on the honor system--I think we can all trust each other to track our points honestly and to not fiddle with other people's tabs. Hopefully the public tabs will increase all of our accountability to follow the guidelines and track consistently.

Hope this helps!

December 31, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterRyan

Ryan: MMMMMMMMWAH. Thank you for being the spreadsheet god that you are!

December 31, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterStella

What Ryan said :)
Thanks, RJ!

December 31, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterFox

Went ahead and made the Tracker live so folks can get their info in, and get excited!

December 31, 2013 | Registered CommenterChristian Fox

When I click on the tracker, it's completely blank but for a lone "Y" in the first column. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a trick to getting it to show?

January 2, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterWhitney B

Check the tabs at the bottom - you should see a bunch for everyone's names. I think whoever was in it last just saved it while on that "How to..." tab.

January 2, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterMichael C.

The directions for creating a new tab have been restored to the tracker.

January 2, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterRyan

Thanks, got it now!

January 2, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterWhitney B

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for making the spreadsheet! I just set mine up and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if the formulas on the template got deleted, but it's not calculating my points after I enter my answers for the day. Do you know how I can fix this?

Thanks.

January 6, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterLesley

Nevermind - I just copied another member's working spreadsheet. But there may be an issue with the template. Thanks!

January 6, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterLesley

This is a dumb question, but... I know that you are supposed to put "yes" for over 7 drinks- but are you supposed to track the number of drinks if you have less than 7? like 2 or 3 in the spot where you would write 'yes'?

January 6, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterBreebree

@Lesley: Glad you've got the tracker working. Looks like the template is okay, but thanks for the heads up!

@Bree: As far as I can tell, tracking the number of drinks you have per week won't disrupt the tracker. However, if that number is more than 7 you have to change the text to YES so that it will register the penalty in your total.

January 6, 2014 | Registered CommenterRyan

Im struggling with the tracker a little bit because of the "avoid" XYZ language in the Overview. This questions is from the Level 1 perspective. If I have one item which is not truly paleo, do I say I ate clean or was one item off. I get that if I truly have a grain, say a slice of bread, the I am one item off so get 1 pts and not 3 for eating clean for that day. BUT the items under the "Consider altogether eliminating the following throughout the challenge. Allow small amounts only if you need it to maintain sanity" section....is this the same? Meaning if I have say 1 glass of wine, do I loose a point?

January 7, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterSara E

Hi Ryan,

Now that everyone is pretty much registered, would it be possible to reorganize the tabs in alphabetical order so it's easier to search through when I want to add info? Especially for phone use. Maybe that complicates other things. Just thought I'd check.

January 9, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterEvan

@Sara E - if you have an item that you intended to abstain from, consider it an item off. If you decided in the beginning to include a glass if wine every few days then consider it "clean". IMO that if you're having 2-3 glasses then you're getting into the negative points area. Does that sound good?

January 10, 2014 | Registered CommenterChristian Fox

Makes sense. No wine for me. Ha

January 10, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterSara E

Oh and Thank you Fox for answering my hundreds of questions.

January 10, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterSara E

I alphabetized everyone's tabs so it would be easier for them to find their names. Hopefully I can spell and this didn't affect anything. If your name isn't in the right place, just move your tab.

January 14, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterEvan E

Evan FTW -- thanks for doing this!

January 14, 2014 | Registered CommenterRyan