Instagram Feed

Search

Look, Feel and Perform Better Challenge > Excited and nervous

It's normal to be a bit anxious about change. If you're brand new to this type of lifestyle challenge then you're probably both excited for the possibilities and nervous about them at the same time. Share your thoughts here.

December 24, 2013 | Registered CommenterChristian Fox

Alright, I'll shoot first...

I'm going to be Zoning this time around and haven't done a strict Zone in a few years so I'm looking forward to the guesswork being taken out, and also a bit anxious about the possible monotony and also having to be honest about counting my adult beverages as carb blocks :/

December 31, 2013 | Registered CommenterChristian Fox

I feel like I'm somewhere between level 1 and level 2. I've had a lot of success with a level 1 lifestyle the past few months but am feeling set back by the holidays. I also just don't feel ready for the Zone yet. My goal is to be successful with a program that falls somewhere between the two plans, especially because I want a plan that I can sustain after the challenge. Does it make sense to proceed at level 1 for the purposes of the challenge with a few more self-imposed strictures? Does anyone else feel like they are between the two levels?

Also, does anyone know how to access the Kettlebell Kitchen discount? I'd love to use it on the order I place tonight. Maybe I've missed that info somewhere… Thanks!

January 1, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterLily

Lily I completely agree and was just trying to decide myself between Level 1 and Level 2. I've done a Whole45 (fairly recently) and had some success, but with the holidays feel like I really need to reset. I've been looking forward to starting W30 type-eating again, but also know all the food prep (and carrying so much food around with me during the day!) was hard to get my head around. I feel like that will be enough of a challenge and the idea or weighing and measuring everything makes my head spin... I fear that I would give up on it and maybe slip into other bad choices whereas I know I can do 6 weeks of strict W30...

I was also curious about how to apply the KB Kitchen discount and would love to do it for the food I'm ordering tonight.

January 1, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterRuth

I'm sticking with Level 1, with a few modifications to address foods that are problems for me -- I'm counting French fries as a cheat, and although I'm allowing cheese as a condiment I'm keeping dairy out of my life otherwise.

There are a lot of late working nights in my near future -- and I just don't want to be That Girl who has to measure out her takeout order at the office or get discombobulated if, say, I was planning to cook dinner and all of a sudden I have to change plans and stay at the office. I think it's enough to do Level 1 -- I've been more off the wagon than I would like lately, and I think just doing that is going to be enough to jump-start me back into better habits.

January 1, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterStella

I'm nervous and excited. I did the challenge last year and have been mostly off the wagon since roughly March last year. Today was day 1 and I've been hungry all day w/ a headache. This is going to be interesting.

January 1, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterJenna

I always get anxious when I know I won't be eating hamburgers and burritos for dinner anymore :(

January 1, 2014 | Registered CommenterDavid Osorio

I am going to create-my-own plan by doing a mix of level 1 and level 2, hoping to create a way of eating that is more sustainable over time. Zone for when I am home for dinner, planning lunches, and eating non-strict-paleo foods such as corn tortillas, and level 1 guidelines for when I go out or if someone else cooks for me or a super busy unexpected day at work. It seems to be the right thing to do having done 2 "level 1" type challenges this year. I'm ready to dabble in the Zone and get back to portioning, but know I would go crazy and give up trying to Zone every day (a reason why Weight Watchers never worked for me. Stupid points.) I also have never had trouble eating too much on a "paleo" diet because I am cutting out my favorite thing (sugar) and that cuts a ton of calories.

January 2, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterAmy

@ruth I also had success with a whole 30 back in October/November but right around Turkey day I jumped off the wagon and fell HARD. But since I'm comfortable with the paleo framework and have been eating that way for several months, I decided to up the ante and go with Level 2. I know doing Level 1 would be so much easier but the possible benefits of Level 2 seem great. So yeah....I'm wishing I was feeling more confident about eating zone (like, yikes...what am I going to eat TOMORROW?) If you fail to plan you...yeah, i know.
Anyways, I'm looking forward to having the support of the group in being better tomorrow than I was today.

January 2, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterElena Y

I'm again somewhere between 1 and 2, but as a vegetarian (with a non-vegetarian family) I struggled last year to get the balance right - eliminating grains was a real effort. This year my wife is gluten-free so we're already part way there. I'm going for a very solid vege-paleo, but I'm going to start by weighing/figuring out my meals just to see how they stack up - perhaps a sampling zone :-) Unlike last year the baby is now 13 months old so the sleep part is also feasible!

January 2, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterNigel

Utterly frightened about no carbs and dairy. I'm doing Level 1 for the first time and I have never cut either out of my diet. Also cutting coffee and booze. This is going to be interesting...

January 2, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterBrandon

If you're not sure whether to do Level 1 or Level 2, the first option is the way to go.

The KBK discount code is LFP2014.

@Brandon - Are you cutting carbs out completely for any reason? If so, why? This doesn't seem like a good idea.

January 2, 2014 | Registered CommenterChristian Fox

@fox - Sorry, not cutting out carbs completely, although it feels like it. I'm cutting gluten entirely. Obviously I'll get some carbs from fruits/veg - is that it?

January 3, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterBrandon

@Brandon - thanks for the clarification. Yeah, you'll get all the carbs you need from veg and some fruit. Glad you're not on an all meat diet!

January 3, 2014 | Registered CommenterChristian Fox