Instagram Feed

Search

Look, Feel and Perform Better Challenge > Where do you see yourself in 6 weeks?

Envision that you are successful with the habits of this LFPB Challenge. How do you see yourself at the end of it? Do you look, feel, and perform better? What do you hope to learn during this process?

December 24, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterFox

I'm really hoping to bolt down portion controlling. I don't think there's a problem with the quality of what I eat, just the amount. I'm hoping that eating more frequently throughout the day will curb the "need" i feel to binge at dinner and whatnot. I'm also hoping that more focus on this type of stuff with help with inflammation issues throughout my body (particularly the back). I'd also like to drop a few pounds, but that's not really a priority. I WOULD like to see my hemoglobin A1C come back in under 6.0 at my next physical in February for the first time in I can't even remember.

December 30, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterMichael C.

@Michael C - great thoughts and goals. Re: A1C - Are you currently on insulin?

December 30, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterFox

@Fox - Nope, no drugs whatsoever. It had been at 7.7 a few years ago, but (at my doctor's insistence), I worked it down to a normal range through diet and exercise and have kept it there (usually at 6.0 or 6.1) since.

December 30, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterMichael C.

I would like:
1. My weight to be down to what it was in June
1a. To be able to do 5 chins in a row again (which I think is a function of #1 -- I'm not weaker, but I am fatter!)
2. To have an arsenal of "go-to" local takeout meals that do not involve French fries. I do cook several nights a week, but sometimes, especially after a long day at work, I just don't feel like it and I default to a bunless burger and sweet potato fries.

December 31, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterStella

In 6 weeks, I will be able to eyeball a perfectly balanced meal and I will be happy eating mostly that. I will be about to complete a sub 8 minute 2k race at Crash-Bs. I will be well on the way to resolving my mobility and flexibility issues as a result of sticking to a daily program of AR I have designed for myself. I'll also have gotten rid of this strange layer of 'insulation' I seem to have recently acquired :)

December 31, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterCharlie

I would like to get myself back on a regular gym schedule. This challenge has been a bit scary since my gym attendance in November/December has been pitiful. I would love to be able to get my one chin-up back that I worked really hard to get and have now lost. A loss of a pant size would also be great...that happened last year and I did a great job of keeping the lower pant size all year until the last three weeks...hopefully this challenge will kick my body back into gear a bit.

January 1, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterJenna

I'm hoping to:
- get more fit. Combo of strength and weight loss. There are many CF movements that are difficult for me because of my height and weight, so hoping to conquer some of them, like pullups.
- drink a whole lot less. Like 0 if possible.
- get on a regular CF schedule. I've been averaging about 10x per month and want to get to 12-14 per month.
- rediscover healthy eating habits. This one is both the easiest and hardest for me. I always eat great ingredients and love to cook so that's the easy part. The hard part is cutting dairy/carbs out of my mostly italian/french skill-set. Looking forward to exploring some indian and thai preparations to supplement. And then there is eating out, which is my favorite thing to do (and quite requisite for my job). I'll need to be a lot more careful at restaurants to get to my goals.

January 2, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterBrandon

I plan on looking like Bruce Lee, Fox, and Osorio combined, permanently changing the way I overeat all the time, harnessing my sugar addiction, learning to actually cook within a non-restaurant frame of reference, understand in detail the nutritional value of what I put in my body, feel awesome which is definitely a far cry from the usual, be able to eat muscle-ups for breakfast and do some butterfly kipping pull-ups for dessert (sugar-free paleo of course), and to further understand how no alcohol/gluten, sleep, and eating healthy both in quantity and quality can affect my performance, mood, fatigue, and mental capacities.

January 4, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterEvan

I hope this will kick-start my cooking at home which I have not done with any regular consistency in months. A couple pounds off the scale also wouldnt hurt as 1) even that amount of extra weight slows me down on my frame which i've noticed on burpees and movements like that. nursing a wrist injury the last few weeks has prevented me from going heavy on many lifts so i'd like to feel a little faster on bodyweight movements and 2) I wouldnt mind looking a bit leaner for my wedding photos :)

January 6, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterMare

I have three main goals for this challenge. 1) Get back to the pant size I was in in 2012 (post multiple months on weight watchers); 2) understand how to eat an even balance of protein and carbs in order to maintain a healthy blood sugar level without eating grains (especially before a workout); and 3) cook more at home. The hubs and I became very lazy in this department over the last 6 months.

January 10, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterSara E