Fitness: 3 x 5 Linear Progression
Add 2.5-5 pounds to last week's exposure.
Performance: 92.5% x 2, 82.5% x 10
You're getting into territory where 10 reps might not be a given. Use spotters, but try to leave a rep in the tank.
Post loads to comments.
21-15-9 Reps, For Time:
Rest 5 Minutes
40 Calorie Row for Time
All out efforts on each. Score time for each WOD individually.
Post both times to comments.
Coach JB brought the heat on Saturday at Iron Maidens, winning both first in the Pixies division and Best Overall Lifter with a total of 640 (at body weight 105). She PR-ed her bench and met her current PRs for the squat and deadlift.
News and Notes
- Don't forget to submit your Open scores for 15.1 and 15.1a by 8pm tonight!
- DON'T FORGET TO RSVP TO CLASS: Click on the Class Schedule and RSVP tab in the left-hand column (under General Information) and select the class for which you'd like to RSVP.
- Happy birthday, Sam F.!
A Few Notes From the Iron Maidens Raw Open
From Allie B.:
Iron Maidens was an incredible experience. I'm astonished by the power, strength, and determination of the amazing ladies who lifted. The meet itself was run so well and I felt so prepared thanks to Margie and her clear communication of what to expect, rules, etc. I will definitely participate again next year and would highly recommend the experience to anyone. The number of pounds on the bar is not as important as you think—it was all about testing your personal limits in a highly supportive environment! Great job, everyone!
From Lauren B.:
There was zero doubt in my mind that this would be a world-class event and it exceeded my expectations. On every level I am so happy to have been a part of it. Some highlights for me:
- Seeing first-timers like Sam and Jenny train and crush their first meet with excitement and great attitudes.
- Warming up in the holding room with super strong veterans and friends like JB, Whit, Harper, Dubie, and Dolce and watching them lift weights that I will too some day, dammit! … with lots of hard work and a little pixie dust.
- Representing SBK and welcoming athletes from the greater CrossFit community, including Lorin Blake from CFPH who I watched train hard, had never competed before and came in 2nd in her weight class.
- Watching Margie run this thing from conception to completion with conviction, compassion and poise… talk about an inspiring lady.
- Competing for the 3rd time and finally feeling like I came into it mentally strong! I achieved what I set my mind to achieve and felt a sense of satisfaction the whole day, that I gave it everything I could, along with a pleasant aftertaste of excitement for the next challenge ahead. :) A big thank you to David for helping me with perspective before and during the meet.
ABOVE ALL... the thing that made the biggest impression on me was a tremendous sense of gratitude for and pride in CFSBK. To see members who have become very close friends as well as those whom I have recently met all working together to pull of a flawless event, using strength and skills that they've honed HERE, supporting each other with sincere interest and a spirit of competition, taking their abilities and hard work seriously, and dedicating a substantial chunk of their time and energy to making this event and community what it is—I'm looking at Kate R., among others, who wore many hats beautifully.
This was a LONG day—12+ high-energy, physically-taxing hours. THANK YOU to all who participated, attended, and brought me so many bottles of coffee.
My best #s yesterday were: SQ 200, BP 110, DL 205 (PR)—all of these felt great!
From Jenny M.:
Iron Maidens was SO much FUN yesterday. Thanks to everyone who organized and volunteered. Congrats to everyone who lifted!
It was a weekend of PRs for me!
At Iron maidens I hit a 195 HBBS (+15# PR) but missed a cue because my foot but hey—it's still a PR even if it didn't count in the meet.
Got 190 for the official squat, 100 for bench (+3# PR) and 220 for DL (+10# PR). 510 total. So happy since my goal when I signed up at the end of December was 450 and my goal after several weeks of training was 500. :)
If you competed this weekend at Iron Maidens/the Strength Cycle Total/C.R.A.S.H.-B.'s and haven't reported back, tell us how it went!